Raised access flooring brings many benefits to commerical and industrial workspaces.
- Lower cost than many flooring alternatives
- Energy efficiency also yields savings
- Protects valuable IT infrastructure
- Speedy, no hassle installation
- More comfortable working environment
- Eliminates the need for embedded wiring
- Provides instant access to wiring and cabling
There are many applications for which access flooring not only proves to be the better solution for the climate and electrical aspects of a facility, but also is the more cost effective solution. Examples of ideal applications of access flooring include
- Financial and insurance offices where there is a need for significant amount of computer/telecom equipment.
- National and local government offices, again these facilities tend to have a lot of computer and telecom equipment.
- General administration buildings across the complete range of industries where the use of computer/telecom equipment is widespread.
- Call centers Office environments set up to handle large-scale customer enquires thereby requiring significant levels of computer/telecom equipment.
- Data processing centers Large scale computer rooms set up for the processing of electronic data e.g. customer information, financial information.
- Telecom switch centers Old mechanical telephone exchanges now replaced by electronic switch facilities. Also new mobile technology requires new electronic switch facilities.
- Distribution centers These facilities distribute a vast range of fast moving consumer goods with order processing and such activities handled in a modern office environment.
- Educational facilities Raised flooring used in specific learning areas in schools, universities etc. Also used in library and major archive areas.
- Retail facilities such as major department stores increasingly using raised floors surfaced with special finishes.
- Clean room facilities such as those required by electronic, semiconductors, and pharmaceutical companies.
- Light industrial and specialist industries where flexibility and the use of under floor services is advantageous.